If Rylo detects something wrong with your SD card it will display an error message on its screen. See the error messages below as well as our tips on how to handle them.
The inserted SD card is not compatible with Rylo. Try another SD card—compatible cards are listed here.
This is rare, but may display when an error occurs during the read or write process when capturing content. It commonly occurs with older SD cards, which wear down over time.
- If the SD card has been used for a long time, try replacing it with a new SD card
- If the SD card has a minimal lifespan, save its contents, format it, and then try to use it again.
Rylo detects a SD card but it cannot connect to it.
- Remove SD card, connect it to your computer, and save its contents on a computer
- Insert SD card back into Rylo and connect Rylo to your phone
- Launch our app and format the SD card
The SD card is full.
- Connect Rylo to your phone and save the SD card’s contents to your phone. Or, connect the SD card to a computer and save its contents to your computer.
- Individually delete the SD card’s contents or format the SD card to free up space
- Insert a SD card into Rylo and power it on
- Try another compatible SD card if this error persists
The SD card is incorrectly formatted.
- Reformat the SD card with our app to resolve this