We release regular software updates, and keeping your camera up-to-date will allow you to have the latest and greatest features on your Rylo. To update Rylo's software:
- Download the latest app update from the App Store or Google Play Store
- Connect Rylo to your phone with its sync cable
- Launch our app
- Tap Update
- Retain the connection between your camera and phone until the update completes
- Rylo will vibrate and its LEDs will turn green once the update is complete
- Disconnect and reconnect Rylo and your phone to view its content within the app
Note: Rylo cannot update its firmware if its battery level is below 30%. Charge Rylo to above 30% before updating its software.
If the update fails or Rylo is unresponsive following an update:
- Remove and reinsert Rylo's battery
- Ensure that the microSD card is properly installed
- Make sure Rylo has more than 30% battery charge. Charge Rylo and raise its battery level above 30%.
- Connect Rylo to a power source with its charge cable. Then reboot the camera by pressing and holding the shutter and mode buttons at the same time for two seconds.
- Connect Rylo to your phone, launch our app, and try the update again
Have questions about this process? Contact our support team and we'll be happy to help.