Keeping your camera up-to-date will allow you to have access to the latest and greatest features on your Rylo. We strive to release regular software updates, and occasionally will make updates to our firmware.
To update Rylo's software:
- Download the latest app update from the App Store or Google Play Store
- Ensure a is inserted in Rylo
- Connect Rylo to your phone via its sync cable
- Launch the Rylo app
- Tap Update
- Keep your camera and phone connected between until the update completes
- Rylo will vibrate and display a green LED once the update is complete
- Disconnect Rylo from your phone, and then reconnect it
Note: Rylo cannot update its firmware if its battery level is below 30%. to above 30% before updating its software.
If the update fails or Rylo is unresponsive following an update:
- Rylo's battery
- Ensure that you’re using a
- Ensure that the microSD card is
- Make sure Rylo has more than 30% battery charge. and raise its battery level above 30%.
- Connect Rylo to a power source with its charge cable. Then reboot the camera by pressing and holding the shutter and mode buttons at the same time for two seconds.
- Connect Rylo to your phone, launch our app, and try the update again
Have questions about this process? and we'll be happy to help.