Charging Rylo's Battery
- Insert the charge cable's Micro-USB end into Rylo
- Insert the other end of the charge cable into your power source
- Rylo will power on and its LEDs will pulse green to let you know that it's charging
We advise using the included charge cable in the following scenarios when charging Rylo:
- with a computer or laptop that's awake and plugged into to a power source
- with a USB wall charger (500mA or 2.5W or greater)
- with a power bank charger (500mA or 2.5W or greater)
Note: Be sure plug Rylo into a power source that outputs at least 500mA at 5V.
We regulate the amount of power that transfers from the power source to Rylo so that the battery will not be damaged during charging. A full charge of Rylo's battery can be expected to take between 2:45 hours and 4 hours, depending upon the power source used.
How will I know when Rylo is fully charged?
Rylo's battery percentage will display 100% on its screen when it is fully charged. While charging, it's normal for Rylo's screen to go blank, but it will continue to charge and its LEDs will blink green to confirm this. Press Rylo's mode button to wake Rylo and view its battery percentage if the screen is blank.
How can I check Rylo's battery percentage?
From Rylo: When the camera is powered on, its battery percentage will display on Rylo's screen.
From App: When Rylo is connected to your phone you can view the battery percentage in-app.
To view this:
- Connect Rylo to your phone and open our app
- Rylo's battery percentage is listed next to Charge
Will Rylo charge when connected to my phone?
Rylo will not charge when connected to a phone as the sync cable is for the transfer of videos & pictures.
Will Rylo continue to charge when powered off?
If you power Rylo off while it is charging it will continue to charge in the background. While charging, Rylo's screen may shut off to conserve energy.
Can I charge Rylo with other power cables?
We recommend using the provided charge cable to re-charge Rylo's battery. We don't advise using third-party power cables. You can purchase replacement cables here.